La Union is best known for its beaches, and without doubt, the surfing capital of Northern Luzon. The weather was intensely hot and so was the 4th Mt. Dayawen Mountain Bike Downhill Challenge, organized by the La Union Adventure Team. We thought we’d lose our very own Jake, who might have been temporarily blinded by the traitorous sun. Sans body armor and neck brace, he handled so well a nasty gap in the course of his seeding run. During the final run, however, at the same cranny, he bowed to the ground. Blood was seen flowing from his nose. Everyone went frantic seeing him on a spine board and being transported in an ambulance to the hospital.
The girls chased him at the ER. Thank goodness, he miraculously wore Edzel’s neck brace for his final run! The blood apparently oozing out from his sniffer was blood from a freaking blown out zit!
We headed to Gear Mooh after he was discharged. Another gutsy Batibols needed to buy a neck brace.
– Enticing buknok at the Nipa Resto Grille on the first day. The satiating, exotic union of chicken and buko (coconut) juice was spot on that I needed to duplicate it at home. Hoping to be able to share my own version here in the blog soon.
– The homie cheering squad in uniforms. Joking aside, the theme dressing was completely accidental:)
– Caught Pro Category winner JR Barba posing with the Sagadans.
– The Gear Mooh Cycle Parts and Services along P. Burgos in Tanqui, San Fernando, boasts of high-end bikes, parts and gear. Spotted side view mirrors for bikers:) Brandon got a pair of Five Tens to replace his worn out Serfas. (Here’s Miss Daisy’s contact details: 0920-868-6774 or (072) 607-0382 [landline] in case you need to know about something.)
– Eating for the soul at Kaw Bin. Feeling depleted, we got hot hototay soup, shrimp curry and miki bihon guisado, their bestseller.
Photographed by Blauearth © Blauearth™ All Rights Reserved 2009-2013