Without the rain, Ilocos can become oppressively hot and humid. For three days straight, I’ve been having godawful cravings for, of all things, Dippin’ Dots bubble gum ice cream, Happy Lemon rock salt and cheese green tea and Pinkberry green tea yogurt, which are not in Ilocos just yet (ah, dreamin’)! Hahah, there’s no possible way to fake a nitro-frozen dessert, I don’t know with the salty, cheesy tea, I bet this an original recipe and I am almost tempted to make my own version, maybe with Pasuquin salt and some melted cheese. Well, I heard LA’s phenomenal Pinkberry is opening in Greenbelt soon, or has it opened (with the same Philippe Starck chairs and Le Klint lamps, I hope)? I wonder if they are bringing in the berries as well?
Image credit: Happy lemon on Facebook
© Blauearth™ All Rights Reserved 2009-2011
Here’s a slice of me. Cheese is one of my comfort foods. I get thrilled whenever I see cheese. I can forgo chocolates, but not cheese. Although I adore gourmet cheeses, I appreciate supermarket cheeses as well.
I had this breakfast somewhere.Goat cheese that smells fine. I’m getting to love Kiri more than Philadelphia cream cheese.
How do I love cheese? Let me count the ways…
- I know it’s smelly, but blue cheese is my ultimate favorite. It’s my all-around cheese.
- Plain nutty emmental or sandwiched with pastrami.
- Kesong puti and salted egg in bibingka galapong.
- Cooked spaghetti noodles with just parmesan and minced garlic sautéed in olive oil.
- Sugar-rolled Eden filled cheese turon.
- Homemade cheese pimiento sandwich.
- Appetizing feta in garden salad or pasta.
- Melted Monterey Jack (from my mom) in quesedilla with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
- Shakey’s Garlic and Cheese thin crust pizza.
- Grilled spinach and cheese sandwich. Best using a combination of different cheeses like ricotta, mozarella and parmesan.
- Camembert pan de sal.
- Beef Cordon Bleu.
- Mac and cheese.
- Baked potato with cheese and bacon bits.
- Cottage cheese with fresh fruits.
- Philadelphia cream cheese and bagel.
- New York Cheesecake.
- Don’t shoot me! I confess, canned Cheese Ravioli.
- A cube of quezo de bola followed by a grape. I’m not that zushala, forget the red wine! Even thinking about it makes me itch.
- Brie for dessert.
I eat cheese while blogging — works well for me.
Photographed by Blauearth © Blauearth™ All Rights Reserved