For the launch of the mini Make Your Own Havaianas this May, living up to the breezy culture of Hawaii and the serene, the inspiration behind the creation of the stylish Brazilian rubber flip-flops, Havaianas gathered an eclectic bunch in a fashionable luau at the befiiting Java Hotel poolside.
Make Your Own Havaianas (MYOH) allows you to customize your own Havaianas, which means you can fashion your soles and straps as you wish and embellish them with pins like the limited edition Ilocos pins in the photo below.
A first in Northern Luzon. And a dream come true for Havaianaticos in Ilocos like myself!
– With blogger/book author Herdy La Yumul and Visionaire CEO and Red Dot owner, Mary Ann Cua Macaraeg.
Me-Ann was happy to announce that Ilocos consistently makes the three top-selling Havaianas areas in the country. She thought of the Ilocos pins featuring the iconic tourism products of the North to highlight the always summer lifestyle and what’s there to see and do in Ilocos.
– Herdy and my fave photog Marianne.
– Looking cool and relaxed in Havaianas, the Ilocos Times editor-in-chief Jay Ramos.
– With tourism expert Ms. Angel Lao. Loving her new do, btw!
– Herdy and another tourism expert, Ian Raquel.
– Cuties fashion designer Jaynny Lao and the James Burn (Burnaman).
– Kit Mandac (center) is the super creative cake/event expert of the couple behind Ava’s Cakes.
– Brains and spunk, budding journo Raine Mateo Calucag. (Congrats, girl, for graduating cum laude at the UP Diliman! Keep on writing… be good.)
Save the date, May 24-26, Robinsons Ilocos.
I remember posting my first Havaianas feature story, The Age of Havaianas here🙂
Photographed by Blauearth © Blauearth™ All Rights Reserved 2009-2013